What is LINKS?
The LINKS program of the Church of the Nazarene is a network of personal connections between missionaries and Nazarenes around the world. Missionaries are assigned to districts and, then on the district level, connected to local churches. This gives each church an opportunity to become personally acquainted with the missionary family and their field of service. Typically, churches send cards, cash gifts, packages, and other remembrances to their LINKS missionaries.
In return, the churches feel a sense of involvement with the global mission enterprise of the church through regular correspondence from the missionaries, updates from their field, and even through deputation services while the missionaries are on home assignment. The missionaries are encouraged, knowing people care and pray for them. The relationships built over time personalize names and faces that both the missionaries and their LINKS churches value highly.
Bob and Evelyn Shea
Robert (Bob) and Evelyn Shea are our L.I.N.K.S. Missionaries serving in Honduras. Bob takes care of the Honduras Field coordinating W&W teams, works with teams at the project site, gets supplies to the site, secures housing for teams, and works with pastors to asertain their construction needs. Evelyn does all the accounting, helps with scheduling details, helps W&W teams plan meals and more.
Meet Your L.I.N.K.S Missionaries
- Bob and Evelyn both enjoy reading and eating Honduran Food.
- While Evelyns favorite color is light blue, Bobs is red.
- Bob enjoys watching Football, Soccer and Basketball.
- Bobs birthday is September 23rd.
- Evelyn’s birthday is April 6th.
- Their Anniversary is March 16th.
Below are the things that they request in prayer from us:
- Pray that we have our Lord’s wisdom as we seek to place teams with needed W&W projects.
- Pray that we can be encouragers to pastors and laypersons alike as we fellowship with Hondurans.
- Pray that we will be strong mentors to some young couples that we have fellowship with in Honduras.
The Sheas can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org